10 octubre 2008

Rosen calms down a bit. “You know, the first movie I ever produced was a film called Chocolate Babies, which was about black, HIV-positive drag queens. And I loved it, and it was important, and it was funny, and it was awesome. And my mentor said, ‘Charles, if you’re ever going to make it, you better figure out that there’s a huge country between New York and L.A.’ And I’m like, ‘I don’t want to know that! I want to make gay, black films’—and here I am as a heterosexual, white, Canadian Jew. The film was great. But horrible box office. We won every gay film festival, we even won Berlin. It doesn’t matter; it didn’t sell any films, and we were in the business of selling. That’s what business we’re in.”

Leyendo una interesantísima nota sobre la fusión molecular que se está dando entre los programas de tv y sus anunciantes, encuentro esta cita de un tal Carl Rosen, creativo televisivo, que con fiereza y casi disculpándose, defiende esta situación.

y en el diseño gráfico se siente exactamente lo mismo. We are on the sell.


vía NYMag, vía Metafilter.

No hay comentarios.: